Saturday, April 6, 2013

Ideas for a Bunny themed 1st Birthday!

My little guy turned one last month and we decided to throw him a "bunny" themed birthday party!  I didn't want something like Mickey or Pooh for his 1st one.  I just wanted something simple and cute, just like him.  So, we were able to do a lot of cute things with this theme.  I'm going to post some pictures and maybe you'll get some ideas out of them.

Here is the invitation we used.   Found it at Walmart Photo.  They also have brown and pink for little girls!  I thought it was super cute!  We used an older pic of Cole from his 1st year.  I don't think you have to use a newer pic or even a first pic, but one that captures his personality. 

 
Here is the beautiful cake.  A friend of mine makes cakes for a little extra cash and she does a great job!  All I did was send her a pic of the invitation and gave her an idea of what I wanted and this is what she did.  Amazing!  It tasted great too!  (Believe me!) :)  Again, we kept it simple.  (Except the 3 tiered cake.)



The balloons were just simple ones since we couldn't find any bunny ones.  Just a few to match the color theme (chocolate brown, blue, white, and lime green)
 
 

Here's our little man, Cole, smiling for his photo op.
 
We thought we'd make a more festive pic of him playing with his balloons.
 
 

I guess he is going to be considered a "neat freak".  He needed some prompting to really dig in.
 
 

The end result.  Once he figured out he could pick up the whole piece and shove it in, there was no stopping this little guy. 
 

                              These were my ideas of Peep Pudding Cups!  Of course we had to make some chocolate and some vanilla.  But they were super easy to make and fun to decorate.  It's easy this time of year to get any peeps in any colors.  Then we added some sprinkles that matched the party colors! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment