Saturday, April 6, 2013

Welcome!



Aloha!  Welcome to my page, The Dang Housewife.  I'm a stay at home mom of 2 boys ( a 5yr old and a 1yr old).  I'm also a loving wife, domestic goddess in training and believer in God.  Cooking and baking are my ultimate favorite things to do.  I dislike doing the dishes and ANYTHING associated with the laundry.  But I do it.  Why?  Because I have to.  My husband isn't going to voluntarily load up the washer with dirty baseball uniforms and work clothes from the past week.  It's probably a good thing he doesn't do laundry.  The first (and only) time he attempted to help me by tossing in a load of clothes, he loaded the washer with a mix of light and dark things.  (You know where I'm going with this, right ladies?)  Well, needless to say, the clothes came out tie dyed with red stains all over them.  He had washed my favorite pair of Victoria's Secret red undies with the whole batch.  He's been banned from the laundry room ever since then.  So now I have to catch myself before giving him the "you never do anything to help me" speech. 

Anyway, welcome to my little corner of the internet.  I'm Erica.  I'm 32 years old.  I feel like I'm too young to be a housewife, but with daycare prices being sky high we have no choice but for me to stay home.  Don't get me wrong, I love it.  I love the freedom of being able to plan my own days and make my own routines, but I do miss working.  Just a little over a year ago I had a full time job as a Med Tech at an assisted living home.  I loved my job.  I loved the hours I had, the friends I made, the rewarding feeling of helping people and the money I made.  When I became pregnant with my now 1 yr old, we knew I would have to stay home.  I miss the idea of having my own paycheck.  However I am in the process of trying to at least go back to school and take some online courses to push me further to getting my RN degree.  Becoming a nurse is my ultimate dream. 

There's a lot I have to say and a lot I want to talk about.  I'm also open to any topics you might want to discuss.  I love giving advice or tips about things.  Here I will be talking about everything from the beach to the stars or from a great recipe to my future husband, Kenny Chesney.  (I'm so in love. ;) )  So, welcome again to my page.  Hope you will follow me through troubles and laughs!  xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment